Monday, November 5, 2012

It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like Christmas

With November jammed packed and hopefully traveling by the end of the month, Curtis and I decided to break out the Christmas decorations and get a jump start on this glorious holiday!  Our family loves everything about Christmas.  Our house fills up with the sounds of Christmas music and the smell of delicious morsels being baked for weeks.  The kids love to help decorate the house and look forward to putting up their very own Christmas tree in their rooms.  Since Curtis and I will most likely be gone during December, we did not want to miss out on enjoying doing all of Christmas preparation as a family.


 The kids know that Christmas will look a little different this year.  Some of those changes are exciting and some leave them a bit reluctant.  We have prepared ourselves with the fact that Curtis and I will most likely be gone during Christmas day.  If that changes, we will be more than thrilled!  Before we leave, we are trying to make things around here as "normal" as we can during our absence.  No matter what, this Christmas is going to be one for the memory books.  At the beginning of 2012 I told Curtis that this year was going to be a year of change.  I didn't quite know the magnitude of what I was speaking when I said that. :)
 
As I previously mentioned, November is jammed packed already.  This coming weekend I will be a vendor with La Mia Bella at a local Holiday Craft Fair.  At that same bazaar, Curtis will be setting up a concession stand outside as another fundraiser for our adoption.  This week will be busy preparing for both.  If you are in the area, we would LOVE to have you stop by.  If you are able to lend a helping hand, that would be appreciated as well.  Right now it is just the two of us. :)
 
 
Our last fundraising event is scheduled for the following weekend, November 16th and 17th.  Again, I will be a vendor at the Holiday Bazaar and Curtis will be setting up an area doing another bake sale.  We already have a couple of people will to help donate baked goods and if you are in the area, please let us know if you are able to make something yummy and we will be more than happy to enjoy it with some coffee use it for our fundraiser.
 
 
Thanks again to all of you who are supporting us.  Your prayers and encouragements mean the world to us and "Porter".  The financial contributions that have been given....well, we couldn't do this with out you.  We are forever grateful!
 
The theme that God keeps giving me through this journey is "peace".  I stuggle with the unknown.  I struggle with trying to make this happen on my own.  I stuggle with resting.  This song is one of Curtis' favorite Christmas songs.  As I sat and listned to it again today, it's message was perfect for me.
 
Be Blessed!
 




2 comments:

  1. Hey Sara, I can make something for the bake sale! Just let me know what you need. I'm a good baker, I promise. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tears,,, I wish WE could be there to help you Both!!!

    ReplyDelete