Tuesday, January 8, 2013

GENEROSITY

Today is a busy day in our house.  Curtis is home and we are checking off the remaining "to do list" items.  He is so very much excited and it does my heart good.  When we came home three weeks ago, we decided that he would return alone.  I was relieved that I wouldn't have to make to long trip, but also sad that I would not be returning to the place that now has a piece of my heart.  I also wondered if Curtis was really going to be okay with doing this by himself.  He is a strong man and loves adventure, but still - this is a huge undertaking.  Seeing the excitement radiate from every part of his being is pure joy for me.

From the very beginning of this adoption, people of graciously showered us with not only their support spiritually and emotionally, but financially.  We have been gifted so much!  To say that we couldn't have done it without you, isn't just a fluffy statement.  IT IS THE TRUTH!  We have been humbled in so many ways.  But to be honest, the fundraising and putting our need "out there" has been the most difficult part.  We have always enjoyed being able to be the ones to meet other's needs.  Being on the receiving end has been hard.  At first I felt ashamed to ask.  During our fundraisers, I cringed a bit putting the "donation" jar out.  It didn't feel good.  But once we were able to share our story and listen to people, I started to understand why God had shortened our own hands.  They were sowing into the life of a child and giving God an opportunity to reach people.  It wasn't about Curtis and I not having the money to do this, but about giving many people the opportunity to be a part of this and be blessed because of it.

We are excited to share that through all of the ups and downs, twists and turns, we have almost been completely funded - again!  One month ago we wondered how we were going to come up with almost $5k to replenish Porter's fund.  LOOK AT WHAT HAS HAPPENED!!  It is basically done!

Curtis and I can not say thank you in enough ways to truly show everyone just how grateful we are.  I said it before and I will say it again....A HUGE WEIGHT HAS BEEN LIFTED.  How incredible is this?!!


1 comment:

  1. I'm praying for the last leg of your journey to go smoothly and for David to be safely home with his family! What an awesome story of God's ultimate plan coming to pass, even though it must have felt like bumber cars in the meantime. I remember seeing David's picture on Reece's Rainbow, and being concerned when I heard about the adoption ban, wondering which of the precious children would be affected. I'm overjoyed that apparently David wasn't affected, and you're moving forward. I am "London's" (HIV+, 0-5) official prayer warrior through Reece's Rainbow, and I don't know where he is, but seeing your video (thanks for sharing!) gives me hope for him too. I don't know whether my husband and I will end up adopting, we're praying about it. I'd love to chat with you sometime, if you get a chance (I realize you're kinda busy right now). Anyway, blessings on your sweet family. May God continue to bless your socks off :)
    Lori - casayoung@msn.com

    ReplyDelete