Friday, January 11, 2013


I was on my way to school with Johnathan this morning and he started to cry. I pulled over and we talked. He is missing daddy and so we went back home. I knew that if we were going to be able to talk to Curtis, it would be this morning, as it is night time in David's country. So, we came home and waited for the "online" to show up on Skype. We sat around the computer and listened to daddy tell the happenings of today.

Curtis was picked up at 6:30a by N**o, our facilitator I***a and headed off for P*****y. They got to the orphanage around 9a and picked up David Max and then got back in the car and headed for C*******v to apply for the David's passport. Curtis explained that David was needed because the had to retake his passport photos because there was something wrong with the background on the first set that was already taken. It was another 2 1/12 hours to C*******v from P*****y. Not knowing how David would do with the car ride, I had Curtis pack anti nausea meds, Dramamine, plastic zip lock bags, and wipes. Apparently, I***a had given David a tangerine to eat in the car and not long after Curtis noticed David holding his stomach. He had I***a ask him if his tummy hurt and David said no. Curtis took action anyway. Good thing, because not long after David cupped his mouth and  threw up. N**o pulled over, got out and smoked a cigarette. Curtis and I***a cleaned David up. Curtis gave him the meds and they were back on the road.

When they arrived at the office where the passport needed to be done, I***a sent N**o in to do it. She told Curtis that the lady in the office is a "woman hater" and it would be best if N**o did it. After that was all taken care of, they got back on the road and headed back to P*****y.   I***a told Curtis that this region is very hard and messy towards the end of the adoption process. It was best if David went back to the orphanage and stayed. They took Curtis to the hotel there where we stayed and were informed that "there was no room at the inn". Apparently New Years is still being celebrated and the partying wouldn't end until the 13th. The hotel staff said then they will have room. After traveling 12 hours in the car and not feeling well, he just wanted to find a bed and crash. After some calls, the hotel staff said they could put him in a room that was being renovated. Curtis didn’t care, he just wanted to sleep.

He went on to share that the I***a got a call from the local social worker and she was freaking out. Crying and yelling that we hadn’t come to get David by the end of December. WHAT???? Doesn’t she know her own laws??? I***a tried to explain to the SW that we couldn’t take him until all of the proper paperwork was done and that we couldn’t get it done before the end of the year because of the 10 day wait and holidays. Why I***a needed to explain that is beyond all of us. I***a was frustrated as well. Then, I***a was also told that more paperwork needed to be done as the government changed some laws, AGAIN. How frustrating that must be to never have consistency.

So, Curtis is in P*****y and will be visiting David at the orphanage for just 2 hours, twice a day. Hopefully this will only have to be until Wednesday. They are all hoping the passport will be done, get David and head back to K**v to get the embassy appointments done. 
When I asked Curtis about David’s reaction when he first saw him again, he said that David looked at him with shock and was then shy. He warmed back up to him while they were in the car. When he took him back and said good bye, David was happy and okay.

This has to be the most confusing thing for David. My prayer is that he doesn’t think this is what a mommy and daddy does. Curtis is doing everything he can and being advised by our facilitators. This is tough. I just want them both home as quickly as possible.

Please pray for Curtis as he is so very tired and not feeling well. Pray for David and his heart and mind to know the truth. Pray for the people in charge, that they would do the right things and as quickly as possible.


  1. How confusing and frustrating for everyone. Prayers that things will get sorted quickly and that David and Curtis can come home soon.

  2. I have been reading your blog for a while. Praying for your travels. We adopted from the same country 8 years ago. A blessing!

    I just wanted to add my 2 cents. I have a highly reactive stomach. If I have any kind of citrus on an empty stomach I throw up. So maybe it wasn't the car ride for David and just the fruit? Just a thought.

    Blessings and Gods mercy to all of you as you wind down to having your son home.